Job Title: Sales Executive
Job Reference Number: 8008
Employment Type: Permanent - Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Affiliate Sales, Poland
About BBC Studios
BBC Studios, a global content company with British creativity at its heart, is a commercial subsidiary of the BBC Group. Formed in April 2018 by the merger of BBC Worldwide and BBC Studios, it spans content financing, development, production, sales, branded services and ancillaries. BBC Studios’ award-winning British programmes are internationally recognised across a broad range of genres and specialisms. It has offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The company, which makes 2500 hours of content a year, is a champion for British creativity around the world and a committed partner for the UK’s independent sector. BBC Studios has revenue of £1.4bn, and returns around £200m to the BBC Group annually, complementing the BBC’s licence fee and enhancing programmes for UK audiences.
To drive and execute the delivery of regional sales plans in support of the Head of Affiliate Sales, contributing to the achievement of regional sales revenue targets by selling and promoting BBC channels to new and existing customers. The Sales Executive will take direct ownership of the end-to-end sales process by implementing Adding Value Worldwide selling principles across a patch of regional accounts and clients. Position holder will be also responsible for general administration and managing all administrative tasks of the sales department. This person will also support his manager in ad hoc tasks related to Ad Sales, Consumer Products and/or other non-standard business activities.
- Contribute to the delivery of agreed regional sales revenue targets by:
- Building and maintaining effective long-term relationships and a high level of satisfaction with key decision makers and influencers in assigned client accounts, to maximise revenue and profit margins
- Conducting regular status and strategy meetings with clients to understand their needs and creating sales plans that link those needs as closely as possible to the regional sales strategy
- Demonstrating a developing understanding and knowledge of BBCS channels and products (current and future)
- Developing an in-depth knowledge of assigned client accounts and market conditions to assess and prioritise sales opportunities that will deliver the best value to BBCS and clients
- Developing and delivering sales pitches that build a compelling sales proposition
- Negotiate the best possible terms to close the deal, in accordance with legal guidelines and BBCS strategy. Achieving and exceeding prescribed targets and forecasts
- Feeding back and sharing market knowledge to the wider sales team on opportunities for further commercial and business development; sharing market insights
- Support the Head of Affiliate Sales in the development of accurate sales forecasts; inputting into the development and delivery of regional sales plans.
- Provides regular, timely & accurate reports of sales activity, performance and pipeline, at both the customer/prospect development stage of the Adding Value sales process and in closing deals, in order to contribute to the accuracy of BBCS business forecasting and planning.
Supporting the Sale
- Owns the execution and delivery of deals by:
- Sourcing and collating market analytics, research & insights and pricing data in support of the development of pitch materials for client meetings
- Creates compelling presentations and business proposals in support of planning and executing the pitch
- Reviewing existing marketing materials/packs and updating to meet any client or pitch requirements in preparation for pitch delivery
- Making sure that all new and existing clients are configured and have access to sales related systems and tools. Contacting clients directly to obtain information required to ensure system configuration is processed
- On request conduct trainings for client’s call centres
Delivering the Sale
- Work in conjunction with all appropriate departments (like BLA, Finance, Ops) in the conclusion of deal negotiations to ensure contracts are properly negotiated, issued and signed.
- Updating relevant sales forecasts and systems with deal information and inputting into sales reporting as required.
- Administration and delivery of the technical equipment necessary to execute the contract rights.
- Contributes to the achievement of regional sales targets. Owns sales planning and approach for account/client assignment under the general direction and advice of the Head of Affiliate Sales
- Manages assigned client relations in the market.
- Has authority to negotiate sales terms with deal signoff and approval referred to the Head of Affiliate Sales
Contributes to the delivery of sales plans and strategy in region, achieving and surpassing set sales targets and revenue.
Is accountable for the end-to-end sales process in accordance with the Adding Value sales framework, including the provision of own pitch development/ pre-sales support.
Daily contact with Head of Affiliate Sales and other departments; internal support function (sales delivery).
Regular phone/email/face to face contact with external clients to provide/receive information and sell in opportunities
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to build strong relationships both with external clients and internal stakeholders
- Professional credibility with strong knowledge of the BBCS channels and products
- Developed negotiation skills
- Team work - recognition of the role played in contributing to sales success and quality of delivery
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Influencing and networking skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer literate with strong MS Office skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Languages: Fluent in Polish and English
- Previous experience in a direct sales or sales support role
- Experience working within a global media organisation desirable
- Experience in the Polish Pay TV market would be a plus
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and tell us why you think you will be a good candidate for this position. Our address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed we might contact only selected candidates.