Marketing Executive (Poland and CEE)
Job Reference: BBC/TP/2111749/53165
Contract type: Fixed Term – Full Time (15-month attachement)
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Application via BBC Careers Hub (link below)
A wholly-owned commercial subsidiary of the BBC, BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, have offices in 22 markets globally, including six production bases in the UK and production bases and partnerships in a further nine countries around the world. The business generates revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC Public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
BBC Studios Polska has an exciting opportunity for a Marketing Executive to join the Warsaw-based Marketing Team working across BBC Studios business in Poland and CEE. This opportunity is a 15-month fixed-term contract covering maternity leave. As the Marketing Executive, you will play an integral part in the delivery of innovative 360-degree campaigns across a diverse range of BBC Studios content that engages audiences within the region.
Our Marketing team aims to make the BBC Channels and content more loved and preferred by audiences and to grow its value for affiliate customers. Our team works on direct-to-consumer as well as business-to-business activations; building and maintaining great relationships with viewers and clients across different territories. We are responsible for the marketing strategies, compelling campaigns, audience engagement, and making our audiences and clients feel differently about the BBC.
Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and across the business to deliver the annual consumer and trade marketing campaigns for the BBC Channels in Poland and CEE with a focus on driving viewership and commercial growth.
Working broadly across a wide variety of genres, participate in brainstorms, develop roadmaps and briefs, work collaboratively in agency pitching, provid admin support where needed, assist in executing the campaigns to the highest creative and editorial standards. Provide relevant evaluations and reviews of the executed campaigns. Monitor competitor trends.
Assist in developing and executing social media and digital strategy for the BBC Channels to nurture fan communities.
Support distribution and content sales teams in delivering impactful pitches and forge strong relationships with key affiliate clients while delivering effective and impactful trade activations.
Track budget and manage the marketing spend approvals process in conjunction with the Marketing Manager.
Manage administrative aspects of executing the marketing plans – be responsible for preparing documentation for internal approvals, collaboratively work on securing required legal support, ensure ongoing review of contracts in place and initiate delivery of the ongoing reports.
Lead on merchandise production and distribution in line with the BBC guidelines and policies.
Are you the right candidate?
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Passion for great TV content and marketing is a must!
- Experience in assisting or supporting multi-media complex campaigns and providing support at various levels which includes finding agencies, briefing stage, executing budget tracking, and evaluating. Willing to get their hands dirty and not afraid of fulfilling administrative tasks.
- An extremely well-organized person with high project management skills and experience in managing multiple projects at the same time.
- An eye for the creative marketing design - can read brand guidelines, verify and proactively suggest changes to copy and artworks to achieve maximum impact in line with the style guides.
- A proactive self-starter, able to take initiative, trustworthy, resourceful, and decisive in finding solutions.
- Experience or natural affinity and passion for digital marketing and social media.
- Passion and proven ability to innovate, try new things, and explore new ways of reaching our hardest to reach audiences.
- General computing skills and very proficient in using MS Excel and Powerpoint
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the TV industry in Poland and CEE
- A strong communicator with the ability to establish and manage senior stakeholders' relationships.
- An effective collaborator, who listens and transparently shares information across the business.
About the BBC
The BBC is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under represented groups. We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from individuals, regardless of their background. We strive to be the best British content company in the world, attracting the best creative talents in the business, so that we can bring premium quality award-winning programmes, content and brands to the viewer no matter where they are.
The BBC Group has set out the first in a new series of bold steps to transform our programming and better represent the public we serve. We have the biggest financial investment to on-air inclusion in the industry, together with our existing commissioning budget, we are committed to throwing open our doors more widely than ever to diverse stories and diverse storytellers. Together with a diverse workforce we will accelerate the pace of change in increasing diversity and inclusion both on and off air
To find out more about Diversity and Inclusion at the BBC, please visit our website.
Please apply here: https://careershub.bbc.co.uk/members/modules/job/detail.php?record=53165