Junior Sales Executive
BBC Studios is a global creative powerhouse for the development, production and distribution of bold, British, content. We produce over 2,500 hours of content per year, operate in 22 markets globally and generate revenue of £1.4bn, returning around £200m profit to BBC public Service each year. In the UK, BBC Studios enables audiences to enjoy their favourite BBC programmes and brands such as Dr Who, Hey Duggee and Top Gear, outside the licence fee-funded window on alternative platforms, through a range of partnerships, and in multiple formats, from products and magazines to events and experiences.
We are seeking a Junior Sales Executive to join the team on a six month fixed term contract. You will support the growth of sale revenue and distribution of BBC Commercial Channels and associated digital news content, channel, blocks of the channel and appropriate programmes on the channel. Including to cable/DTH satellite, IPTV and Mobile operators, broadcasters and any other third parties who wish to secure (subject to rights) access to the BBC Studios and BBC World News channels or appropriate programming on the BBC channels across the Central and Eastern Europe and Middle East Standard Customers. You will own administration and operational execution of all deals and partnerships.
- Explore sales opportunities of the affiliate sales business including meeting annual sales and profit targets across Standard Customer base in Central and Eastern Europe and Middle East regions, and keeping clients fully informed of all the channel’s offering which will include attendance at markets where required.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the operations and marketing teams in London/Warsaw and to act as a first point of contact for clients across Central and Eastern Europe and Middle East, to ensure the smooth operation of its services and channel distribution deals and timely delivery of the channels.
- Negotiate license agreements with Standard Customer IPTV, DTH, OTT and CABLE operators across the territory and outline terms as agreed with the Sales Director to ensure that all sales are recorded accurately and in accordance with policy and legal guidelines. To be aware of all contracts end dates to ensure contracts are renewed in a timely manner.
- Meet all sales reporting requirements on relevant sales team tallies and BBCS databases, as well as through notifying relevant team members (e.g. Sales Executives, Finance, Commercial Director, Business & Legal, Operations) to ensure that all sales are properly recorded and payments invoiced.
- Work closely with marketing in presenting BBC to operators and potential affiliate partners.
- To have an extensive knowledge and understanding of all IT and CRM systems (Salesforce) used by the sales and distribution to ensure efficient support for the sales process.
- Assist Sales Execs and Commercial Director in the preparation of yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts for affiliate business in the region.
Key skills & Knowledge
At BBC Studios, we seek people who are passionate about who we are and what we do.
- Strong leadership skills – ability to take the initiative in implementing processes, instructing and motivate others where necessary.
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills – interpretation and display of data/ trends to stakeholders of all levels.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence at all levels internally and externally (including agents) within a multi-territory and multi-culture environment.
- Proven experience at identifying and developing client relationships and business partnerships.
- Experience working in a Customer Relationship Management system, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills to effectively manage multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience in an affiliate sales distribution environment.
- Knowledge of systems and processes and ability to own affiliate relationships “end-to-end” from negotiation to administration and operation.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English.