Discovery is a global leader in real life entertainment and is for years inspiring people by telling stories, informs and bring entertainment into the homes. The world is changing all around us. To continue to grow as a business over the next years we must look ahead, understand the changing trends and be prepared for that what’s to come. We must get ready for tomorrow today. Join us to be part of the adventure. Discovery inspires people and tell the best stories!
The Digital Image Assistant is part of the Picture Desk Team who fulfil pan-regional image requirements for content priorities including; publicity, marketing, on-air and video on demand platforms. The Digital Image Assistant will focus on supplying images for non-linear (video on demand and catch up services) platforms across EMEA, ensuring high volumes of images are sourced and cropped and efficient operational output is maintained at all times.
What will you do in this role?
- Source, caption and resize imagery for non-linear platforms across EMEA.
- Create series level images and graphics using photoshop
- Upload images to internal databases for distribution.
- Liaise with VOD Operations and Scheduling teams to ensure images are delivered on time.
- Maintain the team image server, ensuring all images are properly catalogued.
- Assist with responding to internal and external VOD image requests
- Upload images from acquired titles to Photobank
What you need to have to be successful?
- Min. a year of experience on similar position (preferably in an international work environment) is a must
- Fluent English
- A strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to manage and use specialized database systems.
- Experience with Photoshop and Mac applications.
- Possibility to work in a truly international work environment with friendly and supportive atmosphere
- Attractive benefit package
- Partially home-office
- Flexible working hours