Content Planner Disney+ CE
Overall Purpose of the Role
The Content Planner will operate as part of the CE Content Planning team where each team member has the specific responsibility of delivering the best and most competitive content offering for the tastes of CE markets.
The successful candidate should have strong communication and organisational skills to ensure all practical and strategic updates around the content offer are effectively shared with all relevant teams at a local level. The role will work closely with other Disney+ teams including localisation, marketing, PR, social media, finance and Senior Management.
The role will support Content Planning Manager where they will work together to create content schedules for CE markets as well as develop work processes, implement system updates and support all local markets with branded content information. The focus on the CE markets requires the candidate to have a detailed knowledge and appreciation of these local SVOD and DTC markets, key players and developing content initiatives ensuring that Disney+ remains ahead of the competitive set in these markets.
It is expected that the candidate will possess deep knowledge and understanding of all the brands and content featured on the service along with a passion for entertainment and the latest technology involved in delivering that content to subscribers.
Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for the content planning on Disney+ service for the CE countries. The responsibility ranges from identifying the optimum content direction for the service, the phasing and tactical drop of the content, through to the practical scheduling in What’s On.
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the content planning team and the local Disney+ Content Planning Manager on delivering the best possible content mix and strategies with an eye on short, medium and long term development and growth within the entertainment genre. Be willing and able to react to market and consumer trends, be flexible and ready for any content changes to ensure the Disney+ service is “best in class”.
- Work collaboratively with the linear planning team to understand the optimal windowing and content strategy vs our linear channels.
- Pull out performance data and curate it into strategic lessons and share across the content planning team. Take responsibility for learnings found and how they can be used to optimize strategy on a country specific level.
- As required, feed into analysis of future content development and acquisition strategies to ensure the investment that is being made in content provides the best return on investment for the local market.
Areas of Accountability
- Accountable for the scheduling and content drop strategy (long and short form) that is featured on the service. Scheduling process to either take the form of utilisation of the Disney broadcast management system “What’s On”, or via any other required tool or process.
- Ensure all tracking documents that cover the short, medium and long term content plans for the service are kept up-to-date and to high levels of accuracy. Seek to ensure the tracking documents and processes used are constantly reviewed, developed and improved to ensure information is shared in the most effective manner.
- Accountable for all ensuring all deadlines are met with regard to content preparation feedback to US teams to avoid last minute changes to the service.
- Responsible for keeping the DTC content planning team updated on any and all changes relating within your area of responsibility
- The successful candidate will be held accountable for handling sensitive planning information in a discrete and appropriate manner.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
- Experience of working within a broadcast or SVOD environment.
- Experience of working with content windowing.
- Experience of using performance data to develop content strategies
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the TWDC brands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working within a global entertainment company and multi territory environment
- Experience of working within Excel / Google sheets
- Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creative ideas
- Proactive attitude to solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities
- Multi-tasking projects and priorities to a high standard essential
- Must work well under pressure and to tight timelines
- Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System e.g. IBMS, Whats’ON, Galaxy and others as an advantage
- Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication skills essential
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to embrace the understanding of new technologies that the role will be required to feed into
- Ability to balance broad strategic thinking with the need to focus on intricate detail
- A robust knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors
- Strong levels of organisation
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and developing business demands
- Effective communicator
- English knowledge: fluent, both written and spoken
- Excellent relationship builder
- Ability to work well with ambiguity