[Stanowisko:] Strategic Communications Associate
[Pracodawca:] European Climate Foundation
[Miejsce pracy:] mazowieckie
The ECF is looking to increase its support in favour of ambitious climate action in Poland. The ECF is in particular willing to broaden the understanding of the need to transition to a climate-neutral economy and of the climate change impacts among the mainstream non-specialist audiences.
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 350 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
The ECF would like to hire a Strategic Communications Associate to support the range of activities and partners in favour of the objectives mentioned above. This person will perform the following tasks:
- Make full use of digital tools to disseminate and support the targeted messaging of ECF-promoted projects and of the work of its grantees and other partner organisations;
- Maintain trusted relationships with key correspondents and editors across mainstream and specialist media in Poland and work proactively with media contacts to shape the reporting around ECF priority issues;
- Create written and visual content for different social media platforms;
- Use online advertising tools to drive and deepen engagement for target audiences;
- Support ECF grantees and partners in Poland in their communication activities: this will involve advising on their communication strategies around key moments in the country, reaching out to journalists (mainstream as well as environmental and energy reporters) to ensure media coverage of partners’ reports and messages;
- Engage with the ECF communications team: the Associate will take part as necessary in regular catch up calls with the ECF’s communications network, with special focus on digital and EU teams;
- Monitor the news agenda and public debates;
- Maintain and develop in-house media and outreach databases.
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- At least two years of experience in media or communications. Some experience in the mainstream news media is required;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to climate and energy issues;
- Excellent command of Polish and fluent English;
- Up to speed with the latest online communication tools and social media platforms;
- Excellent relationships with key mainstream Polish media;
- A good understanding of communication issues related to climate and energy;
- The ability to write compelling materials while having a close look at details and information accuracy;
- Fast-learning self-starter, comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment;
- The ability to work flexibly, both independently and in a team;
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers;
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, Slack, email, Trello, etc.
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, small group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A full-time position with an employment contract for 12 months, with a possible renewal after one year.
Poland, Warsaw preferred - but remote work in Poland is possible for the right candidate. Please note you will still need to attend weekly in-person meetings in Warsaw if you choose to work remotely. We may be able to provide co-working spaces in some locations.
Only candidates with the right to work in Poland will be considered.
As soon as possible