Forum is a pan-European initiative launched in 2020, with the overall goal of creating a digital European public sphere by providing every day on its platform the most relevant articles on Europe contributed by leading News publications across the continent. Forum makes all articles accessible to Europeans by translating them into several European languages. Learn more at forum.eu.
Forum is looking for a self-starting and adaptable Deputy Editor to work with our Regional Editor in Warsaw on translating the most relevant articles from Europe and representing Forum in Poland. The Deputy Editor engages with Forum’s members both on the platform and beyond, maintains and expands Forum’s relationships to publishers, and creates outstanding content for our platform.
What are your daily tasks? As the Deputy Regional Editor of Poland, you will:
- Translate and copy-edit translations from Polish to English, and English to Polish
- Liaise with the Regional Editor on selecting the best articles from Polish publications
- Discuss and choose the best articles with a team of European journalists
- Support offline/online member growth efforts
- Organize and represent Forum on events and conferences
- Represent the Regional Editor during absence
What should your profile bring? As part of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team, you should bring:
- Prior experience in journalism, translation, and copy-editing
- Excellent English and Polish language skills
- Profound interest in European debates
- Attention to detail and independent work style
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Flexibility in working hours
- Experience in Social Media communications and community engagement are an advantage
- Good relations to Polish publishers are an advantage
- Knowledge of Russian or Ukrainian is an advantage
If you strongly believe in the role of quality journalism and free press in a dynamic democracy and you are deeply invested in the idea of a strong public sphere in Europe, join our creative and driven team to deliver on the mission to create a strong and across borders public sphere in Europe.
This is a remote position based in Warsaw.