Overall Purpose of the Role
• To coordinate, administrate and produce detailed programming schedules andplans
• This role involves the accurate production, delivery and communication of monthly schedules and program grids, from planning to broadcast software. Working with Programming Manager to develop, implement and communicate program strategies and plans for linear platforms including (as needed) local opt-outs and VOD, understand and interpret ratings and research data across numerous markets, schedule series and movies and meet necessary regulatory and contractualrequirements.
Areas of Responsibility
To produce detailed and accurate competitive program schedules on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
• Reporting to the Programming Manager, provide day-to-day responsibility for the planning, system input and communication of monthly schedules and program plans for linear services to regional and local teams, and widerbusiness.
• With the Programming Team, create clear and compelling program strategies to drive channels performance across multiple measured markets, delivering on agreed performance metrics, regular ratings performance month-on-month and maximum ratings in highseason.
• Work closely with Programming Manager to ensure schedule plans meetagreed strategic goals andobjectives.
• Accurately manage program data and ensure program records are entered and maintained withinCMS and Excelgrids.
• Ensure accurate and timely delivery of program plans in broadcast system to playout, presentation, and media planning teams in advance of monthly deadlines. Issue and track program amendmentswhere necessary.
• Ensure programming databases and roll out plans are accurate and updated, and ensure that planning strategiesutilizekeyprogrammingassetsunderlicenseefficientlytomanageburnoutofprogramming in line with launch, build and sustainstrategy.
• Create,coordinateandoverseedeliveryofaccurateEPG filesacrossallplatforms andallterritories.
• Assist Programming Manager in managing programming inventory assisting with maintenance of all forward planning and regional documents, including yearly event calendars, series rolloutplans,languagedubbing.Asneeded,workcloselywithlocalmarketstoensurecomplimentary non-linear/other channel and FTAwindowing.
• Assist with briefs and ensure implementation within planned timelines and givenbudgets.
• Continuously monitor and track competitor activity and audience trends and provide regularfeedback to Programming Manager.
• Contribute stunt, holiday and schedule boosting ideas to Programming Manager. Be proactive in suggesting counter-scheduling strategies to keep schedulescompetitive.
• Work closely with Programming Manager, to analyze ratings data andenhance schedule strategy to maximize opportunities andcompetitiveness.
• Other projects asassigned.
• Reports to Programming Manager.
• Expected to perform consistently to highest standards of professional behavior, ensuring first-rate delivery and execution of agreed businessgoals.
• Able to represent business both internally and externally as and whenrequired.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• At least 2 years of proven experience in media industry, preferably in program planning
• Experience of evaluating ratings and research reports anadvantage
• Experience of working in a multi territory environment, asneeded.
• Experience managing multipleprojects.
• Knowledge of regional TV market, competitive set andtrends
• Strong planning and organizational ability, able to manage projects and process
• Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• High self-motivation and feeling of ownership
• An advanced command of English both written and verbal
• Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organized with a ‘can do’attitude.
• Highly innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creativeideas.
• Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvementsand opportunities.
• Multi-tasking projects and priorities to a high standardessential.
• Must work well under pressure and to tighttimelines.
• Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System and channel reporting systems anadvantage.
• Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication skillsessential.
• Ability to adapt and learn new systemsquickly.
• Experience evaluating and interpreting research data anadvantage.
• Passion for TV content, programming, brand positioning and viewing essential.
If you want to apply, please do it via Disney careers website