Overall Purpose of the Role
• To coordinate, administrate and produce detailed programming schedules and plans
• This role involves the accurate production, delivery and communication of monthly schedules and program grids, from planning to broadcast software. Working with Programming Manager to develop, implement and communicate program strategies and plans for linear platforms including (as needed) local opt-outs and VOD, understand and interpret ratings and research data across numerous markets, schedule series and movies and meet necessary regulatory and contractual requirements.
Areas of Responsibility
To produce detailed and accurate competitive program schedules on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
• Reporting to the Programming Manager, provide day-to-day responsibility for the planning, system input and communication of monthly schedules and program plans for linear services to regional and local teams, and wider business.
• With the Programming Team, create clear and compelling program strategies to drive channels performance across multiple measured markets, delivering on agreed performance metrics, regular ratings performance month-on-month and maximum ratings in high season.
• Work closely with Programming Manager to ensure schedule plans meet agreed strategic goals and objectives.
• Accurately manage program data and ensure program records are entered and maintained within CMS and Excel grids.
• Ensure accurate and timely delivery of program plans in broadcast system to playout, presentation, and media planning teams in advance of monthly deadlines. Issue and track program amendments where necessary.
• Ensure programming databases and roll out plans are accurate and updated, and ensure that planning strategies utilize key programming assets under license efficiently to manage burn out of programming in line with launch, build and sustain strategy.
• Create, coordinate and oversee delivery of accurate EPG files across all platforms and all territories.
• Assist Programming Manager in managing programming inventory assisting with maintenance of all forward planning and regional documents, including yearly event calendars, series roll out plans, language dubbing. As needed, work closely with local markets to ensure complimentary non-linear/other channel and FTA windowing.
• Assist with briefs and ensure implementation within planned timelines and given budgets.
• Continuously monitor and track competitor activity and audience trends and provide regular feedback to Programming Manager.
• Contribute stunt, holiday and schedule boosting ideas to Programming Manager. Be proactive in suggesting counter-scheduling strategies to keep schedules competitive.
• Work closely with Programming Manager, to analyze ratings data and enhance schedule strategy to maximize opportunities and competitiveness.
• Other projects as assigned.
• Reports to Programming Manager.
• Expected to perform consistently to highest standards of professional behavior, ensuring first-rate delivery and execution of agreed business goals.
• Able to represent business both internally and externally as and when required.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required
• At least 2 years of proven experience in media industry, preferably in program planning
• Experience of evaluating ratings and research reports an advantage
• Experience of working in a multi territory environment, as needed.
• Experience managing multiple projects.
• Knowledge of regional TV market, competitive set and trends
• Strong planning and organizational ability, able to manage projects and process
• Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
• High self-motivation and feeling of ownership
• An advanced command of English both written and verbal
• Attention to detail, accuracy, highly organized with a ‘can do’ attitude.
• Highly innovative, with proven demonstrable experience in generating creative ideas.
• Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities.
• Multi-tasking projects and priorities to a high standard essential.
• Must work well under pressure and to tight timelines.
• Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System and channel reporting systems an advantage.
• Strong Word, Excel, PowerPoint and communication skills essential.
• Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
• Experience evaluating and interpreting research data an advantage.
• Passion for TV content, programming, brand positioning and viewing essential.
If you want to apply, please do it via Disney careers website