FREELANCE EDITORIAL ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
(based in Poland + full-time position)
About Global Listings
Global Listings is an established international TV media company specialising in the supply of comprehensive television programme information.
Our clients and partners are global networks, TV channels and TV platforms such as:
SONY, NBC UNIVERSAL, SKY NEWS, VIRGIN, FREEVIEW, FREESAT, FOX
Our services include: TV listings schedules, EPGs (Electronic Programme Guides), highlights and web / VOD content information and images.
We are responsible for creating the TV channels’ editorial content in 36 languages including English and Polish. This is what viewers see when they use their remote control to find out what a programme is about on the EPG.
Read all about us here:
You will be working on a freelance basis, remotely from your home in Poland, connecting to the Global Listings systems via a secure VPN line. We will provide you with an Apple Mac computer, and full training.
You will need a reliable and fast wi-fi connection at home and also a telephone number (your mobile would be fine). As a company we predominantly use Zoom, Skype, Slack and WhatsApp for day-to-day communications.
- Hours of work:
35 hours per week / freelance (Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm, Poland time)
- Number of internships
PLN 165 per day
(you will be responsible for paying your own taxes)
- Length of Internship:
24 months in total – subject to a successful 6-month probationary period
- Role Type:
- Contract type:
Fixed term on a freelance payment basis, Monday to Friday
- What will the internship offer and what will you learn while you are at Global Listings?
You will gain skills in:
- Client liaison
- Quality control
- Meeting deadlines
- IT: email, Mac computers, MS Office, design layout etc
- Translation processes
- Account holding/management
- TV knowledge
This placement would suit graduates of:
- English + Polish / Languages
More details can be found here: http://www.globallistings.info/careers-at-gl/
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Applications will only be considered if they include all of the following:
Application and below information must all be supplied in English.
A covering letter that tells us why we should schedule an interview with you (taking the above job spec into consideration)
- A current CV
3. Indication of your availability (e.g. available to start work immediately or available to start work in two weeks’ time etc)
4. Please also highlight in your application if you have used an Apple Mac computer before and specify whether as a user you are:
- Please confirm that you have wi-fi, and provide your wi-fi speed at your house where you will be working from, and also please confirm that you have a mobile telephone.
- Please confirm that you accept responsibility to pay any taxes that you are obliged to pay in Poland. This will be your responsibility as you will be working for Global Listings on freelance payment terms.
To apply please submit the above six items (and ensure that the email subject field contains the name of the role you’re applying for) to:
Job.firstname.lastname@example.org and please copy: