Photo Editor: Internship – FREELANCE position working remotely from Poland
About Global Listings
Global Listings is an established international TV media company specialising in the supply of comprehensive television programme information.
Our clients and partners are global networks, TV channels and TV platforms such as:
SONY, NBC UNIVERSAL, SKY NEWS, VIRGIN, FREEVIEW, FREESAT, FOX
Our services include: TV listings schedules, EPGs (Electronic Programme Guides), highlights and web / VOD content information and images.
We are responsible for creating the TV channels’ editorial and image content in 36 languages including English and Polish. This is what viewers see when they use their remote control to find out what a programme is about on the EPG.
Read all about us here:
We are looking for a UNIVERSITY PHOTOGRAPHY GRADUATE to join Global Listings as a FREELANCE PHOTO EDITOR to work across our TV accounts. The job will be to review and select photos for promotion, publication, and dissemination. To identify relevant images, edit photos to make them more appealing, and arrange them into suitable formats via our database, storing each image against an asset. The Photo Editor will also need to be able to conduct full artwork and design including searching and downloading, adding title artwork, viewing video files and extracting screen grabs, delivering top quality final images and often to tight deadlines.
Photo Editor Job Overview
The role of the photo editor will be to browse through dozens of images (and sometimes also videos for screen grabs) to determine the most appropriate visuals to convey a story in the most visually arresting way for our broadcasters’ schedules, highlights, EPGs, VOD and SVOD services. It is critical that you adhere to the correct branding standards per channel and per territory. Plus, where appropriate, to check for image rights and licences to avoid violations.
Photo Editor: Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creates a portfolio of visual assets
- Manages image projects across all areas of our business and all client accounts
- Manages each image as an asset to be stored accurately in our database
- Procures and manipulates photos and images as needed (including from video)
- Reviews project pipeline and anticipates photo needs in order to meet deadlines
- Ensures adherence to style guide and branding, per TV client account
- Collaborates with the GL executive team, and its editorial teams to ensure alignment with client requirements
Photo Editor Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Photography or related field
- Proficient in Photoshop and InDesign and / or QuarkXpress
- Deep understanding of artwork techniques including adding logos and title artwork to images
- Creative and detail-oriented
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be fluent in English
- Work experience in this field would be a distinct asset
You will be working on a freelance basis, remotely from your home in Poland, connecting to the Global Listings systems via a secure VPN line. We will provide you with full training on our systems.
You will need a reliable and fast wi-fi connection at home and also a telephone number (your mobile would be fine). As a company we predominantly use Zoom, Skype, Slack and WhatsApp for day-to-day communications.
- Hours of work:
35 hours per week / freelance (Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm, Poland time with 1 hour for lunch each day)
part-time, 17.5 hours per week (mornings 11am-2.30pm Poland time or afternoons 3.30pm-7pm only)
PLN 165 per day
(you will be responsible for paying your own taxes as this is a freelance position)
- Length of Internship:
24 months in total – subject to a successful 6-month probationary period
- Role Type:
- Contract type:
Fixed term on a freelance payment basis, Monday to Friday
You will develop your skills in:
- Image editing
- Client liaison
- Quality control
- Meeting deadlines
- IT: email, Mac computers, MS Office, design layout etc
- TV knowledge
This placement would suit graduates of:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Applications will only be considered if they include all of the following:
Application and below information must all be supplied in English.
A covering letter that tells us why we should schedule an interview with you (taking the above job spec into consideration)
- A current CV
3. Indication of your availability (e.g. available to start work immediately or available to start work in two weeks’ time etc)
4. Please also highlight in your application if you have used an Apple Mac computer before and specify whether as a user you are:
- Please confirm that you have wi-fi, and provide your wi-fi speed at your house where you will be working from, and also please confirm that you have a mobile telephone
- Please confirm if you have an Apple Mac computer at your home to use, and the model and year if so. Please also confirm if you have any of the design suites such as Photoshop/ InDesign or QuarkXpress (please note that it is not a problem if you do not have any of these; you can still apply)
- Please confirm that you accept responsibility to pay any taxes that you are obliged to pay in Poland. This will be your responsibility as you will be working for Global Listings on freelance payment terms
- Please provide details of any work experience or projects that you have undertaken as a picture editor
- Please tell us where you saw this advert, e.g. grapevinejobs.pl, wirtualnemedia.pl, FaceBook
To apply please submit the above seven items (and ensure that the email subject field CONTAINS THE NAME OF THE ROLE you’re applying for) to:
Job.email@example.com and please copy: