FREELANCE EDITORIAL ROLE = SENIOR ONLINE CONTENT EDITOR
(based in Poland + full-time FREELANCE position)
About Global Listings
Global Listings is an established and leading international TV media company specialising in the supply of comprehensive television programme information.
Our clients and partners are global networks, TV channels and TV platforms such as:
SONY, SKY TV, NBC UNIVERSAL, SKY NEWS, VIRGIN, DISNEY, CYFROWY POLSAT, UPC, PLATFORMA CANAL+
Our services include:
Metadata editorial creation for TV programmes, series and episodes, films, news, documentaries etc. Additionally, the production of TV listings press schedules, EPGs (Electronic Programme Guides), TV marketing highlights and web / VOD editorial programme content information as well as image management for TV listings.
We are responsible for creating global TV channels’ editorial content and metadata in 36 languages including English and Polish. The editorial programme information that we create is what viewers see – in their country of residence – when they use their remote control to press the ‘i’ button for ‘information’ and in order to find out what a programme is about on any given TV channel’s EPG.
Read all about us here:
THE ROLE: FREELANCE EDITORIAL = SENIOR ONLINE CONTENT EDITOR
You will be working on a freelance basis, remotely from your home in Poland, connecting to the Global Listings systems via a secure VPN line. We will provide you with full training on our systems (and for reference we use Apple Mac computers).
You will be working on a variety of TV editorial accounts across the company (worldwide). As the Content Editor you will be responsible for all aspects of editorial content, which includes metadata, as well as development, design, production, presentation, final sign off and client liaison.
You will work closely with the executive team and the editorial team, senior and junior staff, as well as graphic designers and picture editor teams to deliver pristine final outputs for our TV clients whilst also creating an overall positive client experience.
You will also produce material for publication, so you must possess excellent writing and editing skills in English and Polish, as well as understand the special considerations for writing for the TV channels – linear and VOD/SVOD – and the wide variety of devices that can access TV content such as apps / web / social media.
This position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with all the team members in order to create the GL products and services, as well as in exceeding our clients’ expectations at all times.
You must also be highly organised as well as detail-oriented and accuracy is essential.
In detail you will:
Take responsibility for a number of TV channel accounts, producing their TV listings schedules, highlights, EPGs, metadata and images in English and Polish, overseeing their translation into all other applicable languages as required. You will be responsible for editing text, liaising with channel contacts, managing the translators per country of origin, checking schedules and meeting deadlines.
Final checks and signing off content / products and services:
You will need to work with the company’s extensive checking procedures, whereby all TV listings schedules, programme highlights documents, EPG files, programme amendments, images etc pass through a checking process prior to being distributed, with the Senior Online Content Editor being an integral part of the checking process and having the ability to sign off pristine FINALS.
Launching new accounts and services:
You will be responsible for setting up new channels in the Global Listings database, liaising with clients to ascertain their requirements, briefing the Global Listings production team, overseeing multiple elements of the launch (both technical and editorial, as well as image management), and following a production plan with daily deliverables.
Being involved in new editorial developments + specifications:
Working with Global Listings’ technical teams, you will need to understand and implement new developments based on client and partner requirements, such as new EPG formats and editorial / image briefs and specifications.
Team Overview + Editorial supervision
You will need to supervise the company’s teams working on your key accounts, which includes UK and international editorial teams as well as teams of translators and image editors who are based locally in their native countries.
MANAGEMENT OF CLIENT ACCOUNTS + DEADLINES
The role includes responding quickly to client queries; understanding their needs on a business as usual and new business basis; and ensuring that you are always able not just to meet client expectations but to exceed them… as well as managing your accounts’ deadlines and senior administrative tasks including signing off invoices for freelance teams.
You need to be editorially and deadline-driven and have excellent writing and proofreading skills in both English and Polish. Calm under pressure, you’ll be able to work at speed and to trouble-shoot at critical times. You will also be equipped with solid experience of supervising the editorial content of other editorial staff and production workflows in order to meet deadlines.
- A degree in journalism or another related field such as Media or PR or Mass Communications
- A reliable and fast wi-fi connection at home and also a telephone number (your mobile would be fine). As a company we predominantly use Zoom, Skype, Slack and WhatsApp for day-to-day communications
- At least five years’ experience within the editorial field working on online content, including writing, proofreading, fact checking and publishing final digital materials
- At least three years’ experience at a publishing / online house
- At least three years’ experience of managing client accounts and delivering projects
- At least three years’ experience in supervising an editorial team, from interns up to editor level
- Excellent hands-on editorial and production experience, with the ability to write, proofread and edit with meticulous attention to detail in order to deliver pristine copy (in both English and Polish)
- A proven ability to meet tight press deadlines, work under pressure and deliver accurately checked final files
- A proven track record in following high editorial standards and quality control
Advantageous but not essential:
- Experience at a TV listings agency, TV channel, TV platform, or a consumer magazine or section of a newspaper
- Experience in the creation of metadata – editorial and images – and an understanding of graphic design and layout.
- Working knowledge of databases (GL works with a bespoke database and you would be using this daily)
- Technical knowledge and / or experience, since GL is always launching new services on new TV platforms
- Worldwide knowledge of the TV industry / developments
- Hours of work:
35 hours per week / freelance (Monday-Friday, 10am-6pm or 11am-7pm, Poland time)
PLN 210-270 per day depending on experience
Note: you will be responsible for paying your own taxes in Poland.
- Length of contract:
24 months in total – subject to a successful 6-month probationary period
- Role Type:
- Contract type:
Fixed term on a freelance payment basis, Monday to Friday
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Applications will only be considered if they include all of the following:
Application and below information must all be supplied in English.
A covering letter that tells us why we should schedule an interview with you (taking the above job spec into consideration)
- A current CV
3. Indication of your availability (e.g. available to start work immediately or available to start work in two weeks’ time etc)
4. Please also highlight in your application if you have used an Apple Mac computer before and specify whether as a user you are:
- and whether you own an Apple Mac computer or not. If you do own one, please specify the year of purchase (it is not essential that you own an Apple Mac)
- Please confirm that you have wi-fi, and provide your wi-fi speed at your house where you will be working from, and also please confirm that you have a mobile telephone.
- Please confirm that you accept responsibility to pay any taxes that you are obliged to pay in Poland. This will be your responsibility as you will be working for Global Listings on freelance payment terms.
To apply please submit the above SIX ITEMS (and ensure that the email subject field contains THE NAME OF THE ROLE you’re applying for) to: