Sony Pictures Television Central Europe is looking for a
Programming Manager - Poland
Sony Pictures Television (SPT), owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, is a premier producer and distributor for network, syndication, and cable markets. SPT’s worldwide television networks portfolio includes 150 channel feeds available in 178 countries, reaching more than 1.3 billion cumulative households worldwide. Sony Pictures Television offers to viewers a thrilling ride with an exciting slate of programs designed to exhilarate and help them escape the humdrum of daily routine with 24 hours a day of series, movies and original shows.
Our brands in CE
SPT Networks’ portfolio in Central Europe includes the highly successful VIASAT3, VIASAT6, AXN, AXN Black, AXN White, AXN Spin, Sony Movie Channel and Sony Max brands, in addition to our digital and VOD platforms. The business runs localized feeds across 13 territories, including Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Serbia, Croatia, Slovenia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Moldavia and Bosnia & Herzegovina. The regional office for Central Europe is located in the heart of Budapest but we have additional offices in Warsaw and Bucharest.
About the position
Programming Manager is responsible for contributing to the development of long-term and short-term program scheduling strategies and for overseeing the implementing of these strategies through the management and supervision of a team of Planners.
He/she manages the scheduling function on a day-to-day basis and is the primary point of contact within the organization for all matters related to linear channel schedules.
The role reports to the Executive Director, Programming.
- Working closely with the Executive Director, Programming to develop programming strategies and schedules that achieve or exceed ratings and revenue goals
- Creating and executing quarterly and weekly programming schedules to be reviewed and approved by the Executive Director, Programming
- Developing a detailed understanding of programming inventory and rights capabilities in order to maximize the usage of all series/movies
- Developing programming events/stunts and composing strategy documents/briefs that communicate plans to other departments
- Partnering with Ad Sales, Traffic, Operations and other departments on the creation and application of program formats to optimize audience flows and advertising avails
- Creating movie title schedules as well as episodic scheduling strategies for library programming
- Communicating all relevant programming information (grids/listings/highlights) to internal and external constituents on a timely basis
- Monitoring ratings and using data (ratings and other audience insights) to inform scheduling decisions
- Monitor the channels’ performance to ensure immediate alteration in plans to fit audience needs and maximize reach and ratings and work closely with the Research Team to find the best practises
- Ensure all programming is used in compliance with the Channel legislation rules, kept within its license period across the channels and evaluate runs to maximize amortization
- Higher education degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience, gained in field of media in a similar role
- High level of English: ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English, native Polish
- Very strong understanding of audience measurement systems, ratings data, set-top box data, and other audience/market data, ability to work in TechEdge software
- Knowledge of local media and entertainment landscape (FTV, Basic, OTT)
- Knowledge of a channel management system (Vision)
- Awareness with Channel Legislation compliance regulations
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships
- Ability to work effectively with uncertainty/changing environments
- Ability to multi-task and work well under deadline-based pressures
- Strong team orientation and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Proactive and independent thinking
What we offer
- Diverse, flexible, enjoyable work environment in the centre of Warsaw
- Young and dynamic team with supportive colleagues
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to: email@example.com
We highly appreciate every application but please note only selected candidates will be contacted.