The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are currently looking for a candidate to join us as:
Communications Manager, Poland
The purpose of this role is to oversee the development and execution of communications planning and implementation (internal & external) within Poland. The Communications Manager will be responsible for internal and change communications; external communications planning and delivery, including digital, media, PR, events and stakeholder communications within the country. The role will concentrate largely on Arts, Culture and Education programmes but will also support other areas of the organisation when needed.
What we offer:
- Salary: approx. 6 000 PLN gross/month
- Full-time job, definite employment contract
- Private medical care (Enel-Med)
- Corporate sports card: MultiActive 10, co-funded by our Social Fund (ZFŚS)
- Great discounts for our English courses for you and your closest family
- Modern office in the Warsaw city centre (Koszykowa Street)
- Working in the renowned company, recognised worldwide for its socially and culturally relevant projects, high level of language courses and delivering English exams
- Working in an organization that cares about the environment and Inclusion & Diversity through long-term strategy, strict procedures as well as through every day little steps
Communications strategy, planning and delivery:
- Develops the country communications plan and manages implementation, ensuring alignment to the regional communications strategy and plan, and effective impact
- Manages the development and delivery of internal and external country communications campaigns, advice and activities, ensuring that messages are consistent and support the regional and global communications strategies as part of overall Marketing strategy and plans
- Leads and manages country media relations activities
- Oversees digital owned media channels and ensures high quality of editorial standards in Polish and English; ensures that all online and social media content is in accordance with corporate policies and standards, especially Brand Guidelines, complies with data protection legislation
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving:
- Applies advanced communications expertise to provide advice to the Country Director and country business leads and develop and deliver agreed programmes of work
- Provides expert advice, support and challenge on communications to internal customers and other stakeholders in country
- Develops high quality and effective country communications plans and solutions using established processes, tools and systems to ensure consistency
Commercial & financial management
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for country communications projects and initiatives
- Conducts monthly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks
- Strong level of written and spoken English and Polish (C1 level)
- Relevant degree e.g. communications, journalism, marketing, or equivalent level of experience
- Considerable experience in managing communications within a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience in providing expert advice and guidance on internal and external communications
- Demonstrable experience in managing and mitigating internal and external communications risks and issues
- Relevant external professional accreditation. i.e. MA marketing and/or communications, CIM, Melcrum, CIPR, WOMMA etc. (or equivalent experience in relevant discipline)
- Experience in a global organisation
If you are interested in this opportunity please read the role profile and submit an application form to email@example.com. Deadline for submitting applications is: 23:59, Sunday 7 July 2019.
Please do not send any other additional documents.
Please be informed we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and expects all staff and stakeholders to share this commitment.