The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We are currently looking for a candidate to join us as:
Marketing Manager, Poland
The successful candidate will lead the development and execution of the English and Exams marketing strategy and plans for Poland, ensuring alignment to regional and global marketing strategy and brand, and to work in partnership with SBUs to ensure that country marketing programmes enable required business targets.
Marketing at the British Council is a strategic function which drives awareness, understanding and engagement with us across our diverse audiences. We use insight, knowledge and analysis of our market and our customers to engage them with the British Council’s international cultural relations mission, our products and services in the most impactful and effective way. We lead the development of our brand and use our expertise to tell inspiring stories to enhance our global reputation, build lifelong relationships, engage our staff and prove the impact of what we do.
What we offer:
- Salary: approx. 6 000 – 7 000 PLN gross/month
- Full-time job, definite employment contract after 3-month probationary period
- Private medical care (Enel-Med)
- Corporate sports card: MultiActive 10, co-funded by our Social Fund (ZFŚS)
- Great discounts for our English courses for you and your closest family
- Modern office in the Warsaw city centre (Koszykowa Street)
- Working in the renowned company, recognised worldwide for its socially and culturally relevant projects, high level of language courses and delivering British exams
- Working in an organization that cares about the environment and Inclusion & Diversity through long-term strategy, strict procedures as well as through every day little steps
Country marketing strategy
- Develop and execute English and Exams marketing plans for the country ensuring that it drives and supports regional strategic objectives for the British Council in a flexible, cost-effective way
- Plans and executes go to market plans for strategic business units across the country, agreeing the programmes, delivery mechanisms, budgets and resources
- Develops and executes digital and non-digital campaigns to support a variety of routes to market and maximise impact and share of voice
Consultancy, analysis & problem-solving
- Applies professional marketing expertise to develop and enhance marketing strategies, plans and approaches for the country
- Applies core technical and professional knowledge to identify and assess current state of country marketing, suggests opportunities for improvement and design and supports the development of new or improved practice to drive business growth and reduce duplication of activities and expenditure
Commercial & financial management
- Using agreed corporate systems and processes, plans and manages the budget for the country they support regarding country marketing plans and programmes
- Conducts monthly and year-end reporting on progress against plan and deliverables, budget, and management of issues and risks
- Strong level of written and spoken Polish & English (C1 level)
- Degree or professional qualification in marketing or business
- Demonstrable experience in a marketing position at a national level within a large and complex organisation
- Demonstrable experience of developing marketing strategies and plans
- Demonstrable experience in managing supplier relationships
If you are interested in this opportunity please read the role profile and submit an application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submitting applications is: 16:00 pm, Wednesday 16 October 2019.
Please do not send any other additional documents.
Please be informed we reserve ourselves the right to contact only with selected candidates.
British Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and a policy of equal opportunity and diversity, and expects all staff and stakeholders to share this commitment.