Overall Purpose of the Role
To create network schedules, ensuring that they are completed to agreed deadlines, standards and brand values.
- This role involves the accurate production and delivery of daily schedules
Areas of Responsibilit:
To produce detailed and accurate competitive presentation schedules on a daily, weekly and monthly basis within team:
- Prepare schedules, observe media plans in terms of promotion spots, and ensure secondary events, opt-out cues and any other transmission instructions are correctly added.
- Schedule campaigns (sponsorships and other ad sales activity) in close cooperation with local ad selling brokers and ad sales department.
- Ensure schedules are 100% accurate before sending to transmission.
- Maintain a creative level of presentation elements in line with branding guidelines.
- Use research, audience profiles and creativity to place promos and maximise audience awareness.
- Schedule cross promotions and their placements within the schedules where possible, according to media plans.
- Give creative support of the Programming Department in decisions concerning the construction of break structure and short-form strategies and ensure their implementation.
- Be responsible for the implementation and observance of local law regulations concerning broadcast of commercial materials.
- Cooperate with internal departments (in particular Programming, Marketing, and On Air) to develop TV channels on-air promotion strategy.
- Review continuity elements to make sure all throws and information are relevant to schedule and promotional priorities are clearly communicated.
- Track delivery of promotional inventory to ensure all is delivered on time for transmission.
- Check promotion spots are correct to air and relevant systems are updated.
- Liaise with transmission on any changes or errors that may occur and adjust schedules accordingly.
- Send schedules for transmission and to other relevant departments on time.
- Work collaboratively with programming teams to maximise best practises and knowledge, and provide cover across network schedules as and when required.
- Other projects as assigned.
Experience and Professional Qualifications Required:
- Experience within Presentation at Scheduler level
- TV/Broadcast industry experience
- Knowledge of scheduling system and other broadcast systems software an advantage
- Computer literate including MS Office suite.
- Understanding of transmission process
- Good command of English both written and verbal
- Exceptional time management & organisational abilities
- Capable of working well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy, highly organised with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Problem solver - analyse problems effectively and takes action to resolve
- Analyse data and information to drive decisions
- Interact well with people on all levels
- Proactive attitude to managing and solving challenges, and identifying improvements and opportunities.
- Knowledge of Broadcast Scheduling System e.g. IBMS/ What’s On, as well as channel reporting systems an advantage.
- Ability to adapt and learn new systems quickly.
- Previous experience working in a TV programme planning, presentation, digital department an advantage.