Digital Picture Editor
Type of contract: permanent
The Digital Picture Editor is part of the Picture Desk Team who fulfil pan-regional image requirements for content priorities across publicity, marketing, on-air and digital. The Digital Picture Editor will focus on non-linear images, supporting the Picture Desk Manager to ensure high volumes of images are sourced and edited for VOD affiliates and direct to consumer products and efficient operational output is maintained at all times. The Digital Picture Editor will liaise with internal operational and scheduling teams as well as affiliates to ensure consistency and creativity across all products and that high production values are maintained.
- Manage the VOD workflow and three VOD Image Assistants
- Update and circulate monthly schedules and deadlines amongst the team
- Liaise with VOD Operations team, scheduling teams and Picture Desk Manager to ensure deadlines are met and operational efficiencies are upheld.
- Work with affiliates and internal local and central teams to quality control images and ensure creative consistency across platforms.
- Maintain and update the VOD image database/delivery system.
- Source, caption and edit imagery for VOD products across EMEA.
- Edit and create program artwork in Photo Shop when required
- Clear image rights for VOD use.
- Ensure all images are captioned and rights information is correct
- A strong attention to detail.
- Photo shop experience is essential, illustrator experience desirable.
- Good knowledge of image rights.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Some managerial experience would be useful
- Ability to manage and use specialised database systems.
- Understanding of VOD/OTT image requirements.
- Ability to edit and critique photographic imagery.
- Expertise in Mac applications.